The holiday season is here!
Cue the Christmas music! Yay! I love the holiday season – snow, twinkling lights and beautiful music. I’m partial to classical music all year round, but especially so during the holidays. I love Christmas music so much that when I was little, I used to make my mom sing Christmas carols with me in the car as we drove really anywhere. She’s a patient and wonderful women—love you mom!
Since it is the holiday season, we thought we would put together a gift guide to help you cross those gifts off your list. Now, we’re not advocates of buying a bunch of stuff just for the sake of buying it. We’re actually trying to minimize our own possessions, so we’ve put a lot of thought into this gift guide and are providing you with a list of things we use firsthand, love and support.
Most of the links below are affiliate links which means AdventureBlooms gets a small commission if you purchase through the link (at no cost to you!). Thank you for supporting AdventureBlooms!
To keep the giving spirit alive, we will be donating 20% of the funds earned from this page to Cooking Matters. They’re an organization focused on teaching others how to cook healthy and affordable meals. Thank you for supporting AdventureBlooms and Cooking Matters!
• For the Cook
- Amco Measuring Cups and Spoons: My favorite ones, I’ve had them for years. Sturdy stainless steel makes these a great gift!
- Silicone Baking Mats – I use these literally every time I use my oven. They’re awesome and environmentally friendly!
- Fagor LUX Multi-Cooker – I LOVE my pressure cooker (a.k.a instant pot). It’s super easy to use, easy to clean and crazy fast! I use it ALL THE TIME. Literally. I almost always have something going in my pressure cooker, from stock to chickpeas to yogurt. It does it all.
- Cuisinart Food Processor – Another of my go-to kitchen appliances! I make homemade peanut butter, pesto, salsa, everything in this baby. Love it.
- Le Creuset Cast-Iron Dutch Oven – Heirloom cookware, long-lasting and beautiful!
- All-Clad Stainless Steel Frying Pan – I recently got this pan and immediately fell in love with it! Although you need a bit more oil than non-stick pans, but it cooks more evenly and is a breeze to clean.
• For our fellow coffee and wine lovers
- French Press – Love love love this french press! It changed the way I enjoy coffee. Read more about our love of coffee!
- KRUPS Electric Coffee Grinder – With whole beans, you need a good grinder. Here’s our wonderful, budget-friendly one!
- Wine Bites: Simple Morsels That Pair Perfectly with Wine– A great cookbook we bought on our honeymoon in Napa Valley. Lot’s of great recipes and pairings!
- Cheese & Wine: A Guide to Selecting, Pairing, and Enjoying – If you love cheese and wine like we do, you’ll love this pairing guide! So many helpful tips and ideas.
• For the traveler
- Osprey Packs Farpoint 40 Travel Backpack – Love my travel backpack! Holds everything we need and more! So easy to stay organized and comfy with the stow away hip belts. These backpacks will certainly travel with us everywhere we go!
- Osprey Porter Travel Backpack Bag, 46-Liter – And here’s Dalton’s awesome traveling backpack!
- eBags Packing Cubes – If you travel—even short weekend trips—and don’t have these… order immediately! They are life-changing. They keep things wonderfully organized. Seriously, these things are just incredible.
- Tree Tribe Stainless Steel Water Bottle – My everyday water bottle. With no BPA worries! AND they plant 10 trees for every item sold – wow!
- Bamboo Travel Utensils – No more wasted plastic silverware. These travel utensils are awesome and can help reduce waste! I ALWAYS travel with these.
- Hydro Flask Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle – I love my hydro Flask. It’s great because it can serve as both a water bottle AND a coffee mug!
• For the fashionista
None of the following clothing companies are affiliate links, we just love these companies and want to support them!
- Prana – Versatile and stylish, Prana is all about sustainability and giving back to the community. They seek out materials from sustainable sources, make sure that the people who make their garments are treated well and they partner with charities to help make a difference. I LOVE my Prana hiking pants!
- Patagonia – Another great sustainable company. They donate to grassroots environmental groups, recycle worn Patagonia clothing and takes steps to reduce their environmental impact. All while producing great quality and long-lasting products!
- United by Blue – Great quality clothes for men and women. AND they take one pound of trash out of the ocean for every item sold! We have several United by Blue garments and they really are our favorites.
Support sustainable fashion by purchasing clothes from companies with sustainable practices. Also check out your local thrift store – give something a second life, you never know what you’ll find!
Try to purchase items with little packaging and even wrap your gifts in something reusable/recyclable (fabric, newspaper, etc.) or nothing at all!