- Creamy, smooth and delicious! This almond butter is scrumptious!
- 2 cups almonds (If you choose to soak them, make sure you’ve dehydrated them first)
- Sea salt to taste
- If you choose to soak your almonds, this would be your first step. Soak for 12-18 hours and dehydrate either in a dehydrator or in the oven over low heat.
- (Optional step) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place almonds on a lined baking sheet and roast for about 5 minutes. Roasting will allow them to release natural oils a bit better.
- Place almonds in a food processor or blender. Blend for 20 minutes. It really does take 20 minutes. Don’t add any oil, 20 minutes is the magic amount of time for the almonds to release their oils and become smooth, delicious almond butter.
- Add sea salt to taste.
You can add spices like cinnamon, but I don’t recommend adding any oil, as it will decrease the shelf life.
SERVING SUGGESTION: I LOVE almond butter with just about anything. But my favorite combinations are almond butter with apples or this yummy butter with rice cakes. Also try it with our pumpkin raisin muffins!
Note: prep time does not include soaking/dehydrating time