Packed with veggies and super flavorful. This one-pot mediterranean pasta dish is quick and easy and doesn’t require lots of dishes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 3 cups broth or stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 8 ounces whole grain angel hair pasta (spaghetti would also work)
- 1 12-ounce jar artichokes
- 1/4 cup capers
- About 8 ounces salmon – ideally sustainably-sourced and wild caught (fresh, canned or pouch will also work)*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of watercress leaves and parsley (if you don’t have watercress on hand, you can use spinach, arugula or basil instead)
- A sprinkle of lemon juice
- Feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat
- Add onions and garlic, sauté about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes, stock and pasta, bring to a boil and stir occasionally to make sure pasta noodles are submerged
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, cook for 7-10 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente
- Add artichokes, capers, salmon and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Remove from heat, garnish with watercress and parsley, sprinkle with lemon juice, and top with feta cheese.
* If you’re using fresh salmon, make sure to cook it before adding it to the pasta.
MAKE IT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN: omit the salmon and feta, you could add in white beans for extra protein
**There will likely be extra liquid, this is normal and makes for a tasty sauce!