A sweet treat to enjoy fresh from the oven – try our new Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies! When crafting up sweet treats, they’re best made from scratch. Sorry grocery store cookies, you’re just not up to par.
We spent this past weekend once again adventuring through the mountains of Colorado! We stayed in a lovely cabin that felt like a home away from home. With tons of windows and plenty of bird feeders, we got to enjoy breakfast at the table while watching the birds do the same.
We were equipped with a wood-burning stove, so of course we had to relax for a nice fireside chat. That chilly night air isn’t forgiving, so an indoor fire was just the ticket. A much needed relaxing weekend.
And what’s a weekend in the mountains without a good old-fashioned hike? Well it’s still a weekend in the mountains… But we found a very scenic 5-mile hike anyway! With fall in full swing, we like to capitalize on our opportunities to hike before you need snowshoes! Pretty soon the ground will have that soft (or hard as ice) blanket of snow, and it’ll be time to cross-country ski again! And snowshoe, downhill ski, ice skate, you name it, we enjoy it. What’s your favorite winter activity?
Find some more great desserts from the AdventureBlooms kitchen!
“The ballot is stronger than the bullet.” – Abraham LincolnPrint
Sweet & salty, and did you say dark chocolate? Enjoy these salted dark chocolate cookies fresh from the oven for some dessert perfection!
- 6 dates, soaked until soft (~20 minutes)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (we used 85% dark chocolate squares)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling on top after baking
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (all purpose or whole wheat flour would also work)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat: Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make date paste: Mash softened dates into a paste using a fork, food processor or mixer.
- Melt: Using a double-boiler, melt chocolate over low-medium heat.
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl, combine date paste, honey and eggs. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Combine: Stir in vanilla and olive oil. Slowly add in melted chocolate, stirring as you pour.
- Add dry ingredients: Add salt, baking powder and flour. Mix until combined.
- The lineup: On a lined baking sheet, form dough into 1-inch balls. They can be fairly close as the cookies don’t expand much.
- More chocolate! Top each cookie with a couple chocolate chips.
- Bake: for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven to cool, sprinkle with a bit of salt (I like to use Himalayan Sea Salt).
Loved this recipe?? Rate it and leave a comment below to let us know!